Steps to follow for OMTA Achievement Audition Adjudicators
Step 1: Please fill out the following forms.
FOR ALL ADJUDICATORS –Adjudicator Guidelines
- The adjudicator must hear all of the composition to award a rating.
- The quality of the performance determines the rating rather than the length or difficulty of the composition.
- For each performance, adjudicators consider the following: articulation, phrasing, tempo, steady beat, correct pedaling, rhythm, style, composer’s intentions, and memorization where applicable.
- An adjudicator who determines that a composition does not satisfy repertoire requirements will:
1) Notify the State Achievement Chair of the violation.
2) Write a critique with a rating without mentioning repertoire to the student.
- The decision of the adjudicator is final. The decision may not be questioned by the teacher, student, or parent.