Nominations must be submitted using the online form below.
• The nomination period closes on November 1 of each year.
• Any member of a local association may nominate composers.
• When considering making a nomination, first ascertain the interest of the prospective nominee in pursuing the commission. In the past we have had nominees decline.
• Upon receipt of the name of each composer nominee,the commissioned composer committee will contact the individual to request additional materials.
• The deadline for composers to submit materials/CD to the Chair is December 1.
• It is very important that all nominees understand that the commission is not a prize for an extant composition; rather, it is a meaningful encouragement for a recognized composer to create a new musical work.
"*" indicates required fields