The following guidelines are for District and State repertoire. Students who do not meet these requirements will be performing for “Critique Only.”
- Memorization is not required
- Repertoire written with accompaniment must be performed with an accompanist. Teachers may accompany their students. No recorded accompaniments. Performances must be live. Recorded accompaniments will be allowed for E-Achievement Auditions.
- Arrangements, adaptation, and transcriptions are accepted.
- Multi-movements from a multi-movement work will be accepted as one composition. All variations must be performed in a theme and variation work.
- A group of pieces taken from a collection by the same composer is not considered a multi-movement work and only one piece will be accepted on the entry form.
- Compositions may not be cut or altered except for dot repeats. First endings may be cut following a D.S. or D.C. repeat.